Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trip to Vieques.


Last night we took the ferry over to Vieques and enjoyed the San Juan Philharmonic Orchestra.    I wish I had more photos to share, but lighting and battery issues  rendered me useless before we even reached the concert.    (Double clicking the images will blow them up.)


The entire trip was just fabulous and Vieques became even more beautiful the closer we got.




Pulling in we saw our first glimpse of their ferry dock...   A pretty shaded area with benches to wait under, (ours although not as practical are a bit more stylish.)  Suddenly I saw something we don't have... Bathrooms?  No way!




In this photo I noticed Vieques' version of our Hotel Kokomo.   The prices compared as well.








We arrived in time to see their brightly colored buildings bathed in the sun-setting light.


This tree that Ken, Justin and Audrey are standing in front of is a Ceiba tree.   This one I'm guessing is relitivly young as this mighty tree gets giant roots and grows rapidly.     I know of another tree this size which is only 14 years old.    At this moment I have one in a pot on porch that is under 1 foot tall.  I want to ask permission to  plant it at the playground.   As that place needs shade bad!
   Everywhere that we walked we found  brightly painted buildings, and lush tropical foliage.  

As we were heading up the hill to the Cultural Festival,
I caught this shot of the moon rising over the fort and the museum.
   
Look they have a real building for their airline!!!

 You can see the images deteriorating as I lost the light and gave up.   But I'm considering climbing on the ferry at 1pm and spending more time today. 

I'd like to express my gratitude to Dolly for her hard work of making this day possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment